4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
The Salkantay trek is an alternative to the Inca Trail, little explored but very exciting, which starts by Mollepata town crossing before ascending over the Salkantay Pass, then to Santa Teresa and finally Machupicchu. Here the landscape is natural and beautiful with exotic flora and fauna along this adventurous walk that crosses beautiful valleys and White Mountains as the Andes collide with the high jungle.
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA.
We leave from Cusco at 4:30 am in a private bus, passing by Anta and Lima Tambo before arriving to Mollepata (2900 m.a.s.l.) around 07:30 a.m. where there will be a stop of 40 minutes for breakfast (not included). Following this, we will organize our backpacks by separating 05 kilos of our luggage to give to the horses. After this we take a transport to the start of the trek where we will walk 04 hours approximately until we reach Soraypampa (3900 m.s.n.m.) – the place of our lunch. After a break in the afternoon, we have the option to go up to the Humantay glacial lagoon (4200.m.s.n.m). At the end of the visit of this beautiful lagoon we return to camp and there our cooks will greet us with tea time and then, after a small rest, the corresponding dinner.
12 km and 05 hours approx. of travel.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – HUAYRACMACHAY – CHAULLAY.
This day we will wake up very early with a cup of coca tea that will be served in your tent before breakfast. On this day we have 03 hours approx. of ascent from Soraypampa until the Salkantay Pass (4,630m.a.s.l) – the highest point of the whole journey. During the ascent, we will be able to appreciate the change in the ecology from the Quechua area to the Puna area. If the weather is good we will see the majestic APU Salkantay (6,271 m.a.s.l.), which is one of the most important mountains in the geography of the Cusco region and one of the most significant mountains within the Incan culture. After an explanation about the area by our specialized Guide, we will start to descent to Huayracmachay place (3900m.a.s.l.) where we will have lunch before continuing to the community of Chaullay (2900) place where we will spend the second night. We will arrive at the camping location around 5:00 pm. Here you can take a hot shower (optional with an extra cost of 10 soles). Like the previous day, we will have tea time and subsequently the dinner before bed.
22km and 9 hours approx..
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – SAHUAYACO – AGUAS CALIENTES
This day will be unique and unforgettable because during the walk we will be able to see a great variety of flora and fauna, starting from Chaullay (2900 m.a.s.l.), passing through the community of Collpapampa and continuing our descent through the local vegetation, where it is also noted various varieties of orchids and large waterfalls, also you will feel the climate change because this is the day we will go to the area known as the eyebrow of the jungle or the High Jungle, then we will arrive to Playa Sahuayaco (2060 m.a.s.l.) Place where we will have lunch made by our chef, after lunch we will take a local transport to Hidroelectrica for 1 hour and half and them we have to walk to Aguas calientes for 2 hours and half on the railway to arrive to the hostal and to meet with a new group to go up to Machupicchu the nex day.
20 km and 8 hours approx.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Very early (4:00 am approx.) we begin the ascend for an hour and a half up to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. From here and we will have a guided tour of 1 hour and half visiting the main buildings and temples of this important City. Afterwards our passengers have free time to explore Machupicchu where they can go and visit the Sun Gate or the Inca Bridge and also have the opportunity to visit the mountains Waynapicchu or Mountain Machupicchu (Optional – extra cost 18 USD) until 4:00 pm. Following this they will have to return to the village of Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then the bus to the city of Cusco.
- Transport to Mollepata – Challacancha.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide
- Mattrasses, tents spacious (quadruple – only for 2 paxs)
- Cooker and cooking equipment.
- Tables and chairs.
- Meals (03 Breakfast – 03 lunch – 03 dinners)
- Horses and horseman to carry the camping equipment, food and 05 kg of your luggage.
- First Aid Equipment
- Tank of oxygen.
- Return backpacker train from Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo at 19:00 or 21:50 pm depending on availability.
- Tourist Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Lunch on the last day.
- BOILED WATER DURING THE TOUR
- Transport Playa- Hydroelectric
- Admission tickets to Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Bus to Machupicchu.
- Sleeping bag.
- Inflatable Matrass
- Original passport.
- Rain clothes.
- Insect repellets
- Purifying tablets.
- Personal Medicines.
- Bottle of water.
- Student Card original if is the case.
- Extra money in Soles& dollars
- Walking sticks.
- The client have send us the copy of your passport and must bring their original passport and their original Student Card if you are a student.
- The amount of the initial deposit is not refundable, as it is used to purchase the tickets.
- The deposit for the tour is 50% of the total price .You can do the deposit by Wester Union to this details:
Paternal Name: Huaman
Identity Card: 43206603
Receiver’s city /Town: Cusco
- You can do a deposit by Paypal with 10% of commission because we have to pay to paypal , if you are agree we can send you a voucher payment.
- All deposits by the customer must be confirmed by the company.
- In case you cancel the tour the day before or during the trip the company is not obliged to make any refund. In special circumstances, as defined on a case by case basis by the company, the customer may reach an agreement with the company for a solution, or the chance to book a new tour.
- The customer is obliged to inform the company if they have any health problems for which the company will take necessary care, however the customer must carry their own medication.
- In case of weather problems including, but not limited to, landslide, lightning strikes or situations involving risk to the customer that stop the completion of the program or tour, the company will not be held responsible under any circumstances, however the company will provide the customer alternative solutions for the conclusion of the tour.