4 DAYS / 3NIGHTS
Choquequirao (Cradle of Gold).A new and impressive archaeological site, because is bigger compare with Machu Picchu, which is reached only walking where the Apurimac Canyon is located. Choquequirao considered the last bastion of the Inca state.
DAY 1 CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISCA
We started with our pick from the hostel at 5:00 a.m. and then we go to the bus to take us to the village of Cachora around 4 hours. Here we can take our breakfast (optional) and organize our backpacks and equipment that is going to be carry by the mules and then we start our trek in Capuliyoc (2915 meters), a viewpoint where we are going to see the archaeological site of Choquequirao at the distance,then we continue the descent appreciating the Grand Canyon of the Apurimac River to arrived to Chiquisca (1950m.a.sl.), our first camp site.
16 km and 6 hours approx. travel.
DAY 2 – CHIQUISCA – Playa Rosalina – SANTA ROSA – MARAMPATA.
Early in the morning after having tasted our delicious breakfast we continue our trek going down to Playa – Rosalina (1550 m.a.s.l.) and then going up by a zigzag trail to our campsite which is Marampata, there we will have lunch and then after settling up ours tents we can go The Archaeological Site of Choquequirao and have a guiding tour of the place to appreciate the architecture and majestic Inca construction, in the afternoon we are going to return to the camp for sleep.
15 km and 7 hours approx. travel
DAY 3 MARAMPATA – COCAMASANA
Early in the morning after breakfast, we will return along the same path going down to the bottom of the Apurimac canyon to the place called Playa – Rosalina, then we continue going up to Chiquisca for lunch and then continue our way to Cocamasana campsite.
15 km and 7 hours approx. travel
DAY 4 – COCAMASANA – Cachora – Cusco
On this day after breakfast we are going up until Capuliyoc, along the trail that we took in the first day, then we will wait for our car , where we wait for our lunch and our transport back to Cusco, arriving to the city at 5:00 pm approx.
10 km and 4 hours. travel.
Note: Campsites are subject to change according to the size of the group.
- Transport from Cusco – Capuliyoc – Cusco
- Professional guide.
- Horses to carry food and camping equipment, 05 kilos of luggage per person.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Camping equipment (tents, mattresses).
- Admission tickets to the archaeological complex of Choquequirao.
- Sleeping bag
- First breakfast.
- Last lunch.
- Extra expenses
- A small backpack with a change of clothes for the trip.
- Rain gear
- Hiking boots and waterproof recommended
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect from sun.
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruits, nuts, water, etc
- Purifying tablets if you want to catch water from streams or rivers along the route.
- Small towel
- Cash in soles.
- Optional: walking sticks
- The client have send us the copy of your passport and must bring their original passport and their original Student Card if you are a student.
- The amount of the initial deposit is not refundable, as it is used to purchase the tickets.
- The deposit for the tour is 50% of the total price .You can do the deposit by Wester Union to this details:
Paternal Name: Huaman
Identity Card: 43206603
Receiver’s city /Town: Cusco
- You can do a deposit by Paypal with 10% of commission because we have to pay to paypal , if you are agree we can send you a voucher payment.
- All deposits by the customer must be confirmed by the company.
- In case you cancel the tour the day before or during the trip the company is not obliged to make any refund. In special circumstances, as defined on a case by case basis by the company, the customer may reach an agreement with the company for a solution, or the chance to book a new tour.
- The customer is obliged to inform the company if they have any health problems for which the company will take necessary care, however the customer must carry their own medication.
- In case of weather problems including, but not limited to, landslide, lightning strikes or situations involving risk to the customer that stop the completion of the program or tour, the company will not be held responsible under any circumstances, however the company will provide the customer alternative solutions for the conclusion of the tour.