3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
MALOKA SANDOVAL LODGE
DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO – SANDOVAL LAKE – MALOKA SANDOVAL LODGE.
We will pick you up at the airport or bus station in Puerto Maldonado, you will meet your guide, who is waiting for you and will transfer you to our office located in the center, where you can organize your luggage and leave the luggage that you will not need for the tour.
Then we will go to the tourist port (Puerto Capitanía), from where we will embark on a motorboat, which will take us 45 minutes downstream to the port of Sandoval, and we will enter Lake Sandoval located within the Tambopata National Reserve.
We will walk 3 km. (Muddy in the wet season) in about an hour and we will arrive at a small port, where we will take a paddle canoe, and after half an hour of paddling, we will arrive at the port of the Maloka Sandoval Lodge. When we arrive at the Lodge we will have a welcome with a typical tasty juice, and after a little explanation about our lodge, we will settle into the accommodation in a comfortable room. After a break, with a flashlight we will go for a walk at night in the forest to go in search of the nocturnal monkey (Musmuqui), frogs, snakes and insects that are active during the night.
Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: SANDOVAL LAKE – BRAZIL TRAIL NUT – CAIMAN NIGHT SEARCH
Very early on board a canoe we will go around Lake Sandoval trying to see some of the most important conserved species in the lake; considered as flagship species, animals that live in small and very territorial family groups:
The giant otter or wolf of river (the largest in the world) that feed on fish and around the lake in the morning, the giant otter feeds up to 4 kilos of fish a day. Let’s go back to our lodge for breakfast. Then we will go for a walk in the Terra Firme forest trying to know more about medicinal plants and diurnal mammals such as monkeys, wild cats, peccaries and birds like toucans.
We will also try to know about the ecology of Brazil nut tree or chestnut tree that considered as a kind of umbrella, because it helps protect other species of flora and fauna. Return to the lodge for lunch and nap time.
In the afternoon, we will go back to the lodge to take a canoe to go around the lake Sandoval what look of monkeys (capuchins, squirrels, and red howlers), herons, kingfishers, cormorants, shanshos that live and feed in the forest around from the lake.
While we are going back to our lodge, with our flashlight we will be able to see the reflection of the eyes of the black alligators that usually hunt at night on the shore of the lake, we will approach them, we are going to take pictures of them and we are going to talk about their natural history.
Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
DAY 3: LAKE SANDOVAL – PUERTO MALDONADO – AIRPORT.
Very early after breakfast we will leave the Tambopata National Reserve taking the same path to the entrance, which goes back to the port of Sandoval on the Madre de Dios River, where our boat awaits us to return to Puerto Maldonado, after repacking your luggage, the guide will take you to the airport.
- Local bilingual guide.
- Meals (vegetarian option).
- Tickets to the Tambopata Reserve.
- Purified water.
- Transportation transfer to the airport.
- Rooms with private bathroom.
- First aid kit.
- Rubber boots for the rainy season.
- Airplane or bus tickets.
- Airport taxes.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Cap or hat.
- Rain poncho.
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts.
- Flash light
- Hiking shoes.
- Plastic bags to protect the cameras, etc.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Extra expenses
- The client have send us the copy of your passport and must bring their original passport and their original Student Card if you are a student.
- The amount of the initial deposit is not refundable, as it is used to purchase the tickets.
- The deposit for the tour is 50% of the total price .You can do the deposit by Wester Union to this details:
Paternal Name: Huaman
Identity Card: 43206603
Receiver’s city /Town: Cusco
- You can do a deposit by Paypal with 10% of commission because we have to pay to paypal , if you are agree we can send you a voucher payment.
- All deposits by the customer must be confirmed by the company.
- In case you cancel the tour the day before or during the trip the company is not obliged to make any refund. In special circumstances, as defined on a case by case basis by the company, the customer may reach an agreement with the company for a solution, or the chance to book a new tour.
- The customer is obliged to inform the company if they have any health problems for which the company will take necessary care, however the customer must carry their own medication.
- In case of weather problems including, but not limited to, landslide, lightning strikes or situations involving risk to the customer that stop the completion of the program or tour, the company will not be held responsible under any circumstances, however the company will provide the customer alternative solutions for the conclusion of the tour.