INCA TRAIL ZIP LINE IN CUSCO
ZIP LINE (Tirolesa or Canopy):
This activity consists of gliding on or among the tops of trees; crossing a ravine, a river, a canyon; using pulleys, harnesses and a control system (speed and control of the body). On a system of cables, subject between fixed points, raised in the whole path with respect to the level of the ground and with a sufficient unevenness so that the pulleys slide by gravity.
It is located 35km from the city of Cusco, 45 minutes as estimated time of transportation to the place “In the town known as Racchi.” In the middle of a natural landscape that allows to enjoy the plateau of Chinchero, Pj’acchayoc canyon, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, snow-covered of Chicon and Pitusiray as well as alive culture of the community of Racchi.
Cusco Zip line has four different cables being the longest with length of 700 meters and the deepest with 250 meters:
- The first cable is very soft so that the participant can enter in confidence and become familiar with the activity. (300 meters).
- The second cable is the fastest to imagine the maximum sensation of flying. (450 meters).
- The third cable is the longest where the participant has time to perform extreme movements or positions. (700 meters).
- The fourth cable is the deepest with the best views of the canyon, sacred valley and the mountains. (550 meters)
The itinerary consists of the pick you up in the Regocijo square and then we will go to a place known as Raqchi. Where we will do the zip line. That is in the middle of a magnificent natural landscape, where we will begin to slide through the different cable, we have and feel the maximum sensation of flying.
On the way, the participant can appreciate the Andean landscapes, the sacred valley of the Incas, mountains, living culture of the community of Racchi ayllu. At the end of the zip line, we will return to the city of Cusco.
Approximate duration of the tour 4 hours.
The departure times are:
First group: departs at 9:00 a.m.
Second group: departs at 2:00 p.m.
- Round trip transportation.
- Instructor for the zip line
- Four different cables.
- Video and photo service.
- Bottel of Water
- Comfortable clothes for the activity of the zip line.
- Footwear – is not possible with sandals.